I don't think I want to change the world, but the only people who actually do change the world are the ones who don't mean to. There's some quote somewhere about never underestimating the power of a small group of people with a common goal, but I don't remember who said it and I'm sure that I just butchered it. Oh well. I don't need to change the world, I need to write my story. There's a difference somewhere in those two goals; the main one being that "change the world" isn't on the goals list that I just whipped up and stuck on the side of this page.
Year long goals:
- Write the first draft of my novel
- Edit the first draft of the novel
- Write the second draft of the novel
- Edit the second draft of the novel
Week long goals:
- Decide on main characters
- Basics for all of them, however many there may be
- Purpose in Story
- Relation to other Characters
- Outline the basic plot of the novel
- Outline the basics of the novel
- Number of Chapters
- Number of "sparks"
- Outline the first three chapters of the novel
I should be pretty busy this week. Somehow, I'll get it all done, starting with the main characters tonight.