Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm most comfortable sharing my writing with people I've never really met. I might never meet them. Some people probably think I'm crazy and stupid for breaking the cardinal rule of life: don't talk to strangers, but how are they strangers if I've trusted them with something as personal as my writing? Without most of them, I never would have developed into the (struggling) writer I am right now.

And they're the best writing friends I ever could have right now, because they're willing to listen to my problems and help me through them in ways that I can't really explain. They're the only ones to say, Rewrite it, forget your characters, if it makes you feel better!

So long as I don't forget the story.

At this point, I don't think I could ever forget the story if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment